Our annual turnover has been about £25,000 a year. This pays for the premises, the food and the part-time paid staff. We have been raising this amount by applying for grants, receiving donations from groups and individuals and holding fund raising events. For example, our recent Jumble Sale was very well attended and raised well over £400. Thanks to all who supported us.
Fund raising events are often a lot of fun and at the end of 2018 we were really grateful for the support from local people and organisations and a big thank you goes to:
- Those who took part in the Sponsored Sleep Out on 1st December. One person got 103 sponsors and raised £687!
- Cardwave, a Devizes-based company that donated £500 plus clothing.
- Tranquil Moments, Poulshot who gave the proceeds of their Raffle.
- Tammy Gilbert and Carly Coombes for their very generous donation following their New Year's Eve celebrations.
- TITCO who nominated us as one of their charities for their Christmas concert.
Noah's Ark Nursery School for the Christmas hamper
Marston Chapel for their donation of £92
- The Christmas poetry evening at the Vaults - entry by donation to us.
- All of the individuals and local businesses that have donated food and clothing.
- Several other individuals, groups and small businesses that raised money for Opendoors at Christmas.
- All those who have nominated us for their fundraising next year.
Donations come from people as either one-off gifts or as monthly amounts and both are very much appreciated! Cheques should be to “Devizes Opendoors”. Our address is St. John's Parish Office, Long Street, Devizes, SN10 1NN.